Medical English for Healthcare Professionals
Our Medical ESL program includes the specialized vocabulary used by health care professionals and communication techniques they need to work effectively with patients and coworkers.
Our curriculum was specifically developed for doctors, nurses, scientists, physical therapists, and other medical and health care professionals who are seeking to perfect and polish their professional English language skills.
This course will allow healthcare professionals to learn, practice, and connect up-to-date vocabulary with their coworkers and real healthcare clients and careers.
Medical English: 5 areas of language competency
Our Medical English Course focuses on 5 areas of language competency that are vital for effective professional communication:
1) Vocabulary Building
Practice-based approach to Medical English for ESL healthcare professionals
Our Medical English for Healthcare Professionals uses a variety of interactive learning techniques to develop students’ mastery of medical English and their ability to use and understand it in the health care setting.
Course activities include (but are not limited to):
Listening comprehension exercises
The program offers a logical, simple system for learning medical vocabulary primarily by building terms from word parts.
The course introduces medical terminology and its essential suffixes and prefixes; then guides students logically through each key body system, working from the outside in, and from simple systems to complex.
The "Medical English for Healthcare Professionals" course covers the following subjects:
- Introduction to American Health Care and Cultural Concepts of Health and Wellness
- The Musculoskeletal System
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Respiratory System
- The Gastrointestinal System
- The Neurological System
- Wounds and Viral and Bacterial Infections
- Pharmacology and Medication Administration
Additional Subjects may include (but are not limited to):
1) Medical English and Barriers of Communication
2) The US Health Care System
3) Clinical Decision Making
4) The Influence of Culture in Health Care
5) Important Professional Skills and Professionals Growth
6) External and Internal Anatomy
8) Obstetrics and Gynecology
9) Male Urinary System
12) Eye and ENT (ear, nose, throat)
13) Endocrine System
14) Oncology, radiology/nuclear medicine
15) Mental health
For more information contact our Language Training Department:
Phone: (617) 731-3700
Attn: Language for Professionals
Language Connections LLC
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105
Boston, MA 02135