Spanish Language Classes On-site for Companies
Communicating in multiple languages is becoming essential for the growth and expansion of both large international companies as well as smaller, local companies. In fact, any company that is doing significant international sales each year should highly consider providing corporate language training programs on-site for their employees.
It’s not just employees in Spanish-speaking countries who can benefit from Spanish language classes on-site.
Others who could use Spanish language skills in their jobs include:
- Professionals who work alongside Spanish-speaking colleagues, and especially those who manage Spanish speakers.
- Professionals who remotely collaborate with Spanish-speaking colleagues on global teams.
- Professionals who provide products or services for a large Spanish-speaking audience.
- Local leaders in communities with numerous Spanish speakers. For example, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York & Texas each has 1 MM or more Hispanic residents.
What Companies Need Spanish Language Classes On-site for Employees?
Spanish is one of the top spoken languages in the world; the ability to be able to read, write, and speak Spanish proficiently is quickly becoming a necessity for companies that strive to expand their business internationally.
No matter where you’re based, Spanish is one of the most useful languages for any business professional to know.
Consider these recent statistics:
- More than 572 million people around the world speak Spanish. That includes 43 million native Spanish speakers and 15 million additional people with some knowledge of Spanish in the U.S.
- Spanish is spoken in almost 8 percent of the world, and that’s expected to remain steady through at least 2050. By contrast, Mandarin and English are expected to lose ground percentage-wise.
- The U.S. has 57.5 million residents of Hispanic origin. That’s 17.8 percent of the total U.S. population.
- U.S. Hispanics have $1.7 trillion in purchasing power.
- By 2060, the U.S. will have the second-largest population of Spanish speakers after Mexico. About 28.6 percent of the U.S. population — 119 million people — will be Hispanic.
Benefits from Providing Spanish Language Classes On-site for Employees
Expansion into international markets has led corporations to require employees who are proficient with at least one foreign language-- if not more!
This requirement in turn has pushed for more companies to provide onsite language training programs for their employees. There are a variety of benefits that come with providing workforce foreign language training programs for employees. In addition to helping employees better communicate with clients and coworkers, these courses help multilingual employees take on more responsibility and reach higher positions within the company. Spanish language training on-site also helps employees learn business norms in other cultures and just generally increase their confidence at work. All these benefits can help employees improve company communications, productivity, and efficiency.
Foreign Language Training Programs can be more than just a way to address language barriers. They can be a strategy for improving operations and performance within your company!
Language Connections offers group and private classes with content tailored to the needs of your company. Request a quote to receive a quote for your specific Corporate Language Training. One of our training managers will then contact you to discuss your language training needs.
For more information contact our Language Training Department:
Phone: (617) 731-3700
Sign up for our Email Newsletter to receive
regular updates about upcoming courses.